Best. Thank You Note. Ever.
by Lucinda Secrest McDowell
Mama taught me that when given a Gift, the only proper response is to say “Thank You”… then immediately write a Thank You note. So, today as I write some thank you notes, my heart is full of gratitude – to God, family, friends, readers…
This week I am overflowing with THANKS for….
- The milestone of My Birthday a few days ago and God giving me Life and Health – and for lovely wishes from so many…
- On Memorial Day remembering with gratitude all those who serve in the Military and preserve our Freedom (including my own Daddy of ‘the greatest generation.’)
- Celebrating yesterday with joy the 31st Anniversary of marriage to my faithful and godly husband Michael.
- Rejoicing tomorrow in the Birthday of our 4th child – Maggie and for the Amazing Human she is.
- For my Mama’s 88th Birthday and the privilege of celebrating with her this week and with my two sisters Cathy and Susan in the Sunshine.
- For the delight in being able to Visit with all 6 of my children and darlin’ grandgirl during June!
- For brand New Opportunities to share my Encouraging Words with the world…
Though I could go on forever, I’m keeping this blog intentionally short. Because I am focusing on my mother and sisters during this week’s trip, I decided to just share with you one of my most favorite prayers of Thanksgiving – which is actually a Thank You Note to God! Why don’t you join me in praying it today, as though it were the very first time? Savor each word and pour out your grateful heart to the Lord who LOVES us more than we can possibly imagine….
(Write it. Pray it. Live it.)
“Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we Your unworthy servants give You humble THANKS for all Your goodness and loving-kindness to us and to all whom You have made. We bless You for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for Your immeasurable love in the redemption of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ; for the means of grace, and for the hope of glory. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of Your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth Your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to Your service, and by walking before You in holiness and righteousness all our days; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with You and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.” (Book of Common Prayer)
I know that the very best way to respond to such abundance of blessing is to offer our lives back to God, willing to be used in any way for His purpose and plan. Friends, let’s GIVE BACK and pay it forward (I just typed “pray it forward” so that’s good too).
Thank You Notes are good for the soul…